Light Weight Pullover -- Finally Finished!

Stop the Presses!  I finally finished something!  AND it is a sweater!  

Yep, just in time for the 80F weather this week.  :) 



Pattern: Lightweight Pullover by Hannah Fettig
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in Fog
Needles: Size 7
Started: January 15, 2010 (First time) January 31, 2010 (second try) 
Finished: April 2, 2010 



I held the yarn double throughout and I tried the split-splice method.  The SO was repulsed... but hey less ends to weave in!  And as you can see from some of the pics, only had 3 ends to weave in and yet it still took me forever to get to that part.  





All in all I like the sweater.  I'm not IN love with it.  But I really like it.  The pattern is super easy AND cute.  And I was just thinking... this is my first sweater!  Yes I made the cropped cardi previously, but this is my first actual, pullover sweater.  So yay me!  It will be a good, kick around the house or working at the lab kind of sweater.  Comfy, warm and perfect for the warm spring we are having in Indiana.  Yeah... I'll work on making seasonal appropriate knits one of these years....  



All I have left are those damn ends to weave in....  

Comments

Natalie said…
That looks so wondeful and comfy! Great job!
Sigrun said…
Congratulations!Job well done.
There is a novie-knitter nurse at my Mom's nursing home--she is knitting a baby blanket. I am trying to get her to dive in and try something fashionable--not that there is anything wrong with baby blankets, of course. So I showed her some plain socks, and some lace socks that I'm working on, and the Kid seta-with beads shawl that's on my blog. I got her drooling, but not yet game to start. She only lives 9 miles from me, so help is definitely available.
Sigrun said…
In case you wondered: she is a NOVICE knitter.
choperena said…
I've knit in January 5 inches of my Quadrat which I'm planing on frogging and doing differently, and more yarn for an O W L S in a bag in the corner of my living room. I keep on squeeing every time I see someone finish a sweater and then I kick myself for having so many other projects going -_-;;

I still have hope!
Kristin said…
Lovely! So glad to see it came out well. I'd definitely be proud to wear a sweater like that!
Anonymous said…
the sweater looks nice...tell ryan to sit on it... :)
Lupie said…
It looks great and worth the wait. I think it looks better than the one on the pattern!
Monique said…
It looks great. Just like you, I hate those ends. Even if I'm on a roll, things seem to come to a screeching halt once I have to deal with the dreaded ends!
LOL! Winter will be back with plenty of time to wear the sweater.
Gosh! I don't know if I just made you feel better or worse!