Day Three: All Tooled Up












Day 3 of the week long Knit and Crochet Blog Week challenge, thought up and organized by Eskimimi Knits.  Join me all week as I attempt to complete each day's post goals! 








All Tooled Up
Do you have a particular knitting/crochet tool or piece of equipment that you love to use? Maybe it is an old bent pair of needles that used to belong to someone special, or a gorgeous rosewood hand-turned crochet hook that you just love the feel of? Write about what you love it.

I took the alternate question for today mostly because I don't know what one person (or group) I could have picked as my knitting inspiration as I have so many (you all know who you are... my fellow bloggers whom I learn so much from!).  


So today I was going to give my homage to my row counter.  


Silly.  


Yes.  


But I love this little tool.  Mine is on a ring so I can nicely place it into my knitting and use it as a marker as well as a counter per row.  I use it for flat knitting as well as for circular.  It is perfect because it is in my knitting so I never loose it.  And this one does not randomly click -- I have another one that you must press/click it and if I throw it into a bag or purse I will ultimately lose my place as my wallet, phone, and lip gloss have all contributed to adding a few faux rows to the counter.  


So nothing special.  But that is my cool little tool that I use for every item I knit.  What is your favorite knitting item/tool?  

Comments

choperena said…
I got brainwashed into buy this last christmas:
http://www.theknitkit.com/

I love it! The counter locks and the scissors are sharp, and I always end up needing the tape measure. The small pieces it comes with (stitch counters and point covers) aren't exactly what I prefer to use (the rubber rings roll up in the stitches) but they are definitely good when I'm on the go and my pattern randomly asks for another one!

And the counter lock actually locks!