Happy 30th to me!

Today is my 30th -- never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be in class on my 30th bday giving a presentation on journal citation analysis.  Nor spending the night before - no, not partying, but writing a final project and the next day defending a proposal.  Nor did I ever think I would be 30 and still IN SCHOOL!  I have been in school since I was 3, well a year off between undergrad and the first masters,  and a 1.5 years off between the phd program and the second masters program.  But that is a long time!  Never in my plans did I plan to have cancer - and squash it down - twice.  I never thought I would be living in Indiana (after all, I am a girl who loves the ocean).

But then again, if you had asked the 8year old me what I was going to be at 30 I probably would have said a wife, with kids, probably a model or actress.  And today I couldn't be any more further from that "goal", but I am glad.  I am happy.  I am healthy.  I am working on a new career that I am super excited about.  I have had some amazing times with friends and family.  Flying around the US to party, and then the next night studying hard for an exam.  Crazy times, hard times.  Lots of things in-between.  

Through all of this, I have a super supportive family that doesn't blink an eye when I say I want to do this, or try that.  And I have an amazing fiance who loves me and supports me and our relationship.  I think I have grown up to be a pretty cool, unique individual.  Thanks Mum and Daddy (and to my Bro as well)!  And thank you SO.  You guys are the love of my life, and today, I thank you for the amazing life I've had thus far and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Comments

fang said…
love this post!
Love u, Suzy! Happy b-day and Best wishes for you and your family :D
lizzzknits said…
A very happy birthday to you!
Lupie said…
Hope you had a great birthday.
The best is yet to come.
Kristin said…
Happy Birthday!

And good luck with the end of your semester!
choperena said…
Ha! I'm going to walk three months before I turn 30!!! Jealous? Yeah, you shouldn't. I really never expected to have spent this much time in school, either. But then, I also can't fathom a world where I'm not learning something, so it's going to get very weird for me very soon...

Happy three days after cake!