Cute Pink Cardi is done!

New FO!

A while back the SO bought me a couple of skeins of Louet Gems yarn, I knit a pair of lace stockings and fell in love. Unfortunately I didn't know what to wear with them! The yarn is pink - and when I say pink I mean bubble gum pink. Super cute, but not really a shade of pink I typically wear. Thus, I was stuck and didn't have an outfit.

Then I decided to start knitting a cropped cardigan to match because I had some leftover yarn. Lets just forget the fact that I had less than 1/2 a skein left and even a cropped cardi takes more yarn than that. All I can say is thank you Elizabeth, the owner of River Knits, she was great and calmed me down by ordering another 2 skeins for me! This is what ended up on (and now off!) my needles:
Pattern: Cropped Cardigan by Amy O'Neill Houck
Sleeve Pattern: Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties by Stefanie Japel
Yarn: Louet Gems, in Pink Panther
Needles: US 5 / 3.75 mm
Started: May 25, 2009
Completed: August 7, 2009
Pay no heed to the fact that I am headless here. I was having a wicked bad hair day and made the SO take pics without my head. This, of course, causes the camera to focus on my boobs and stomach. I apologize tremendously for that, I shudder with fright as well. So there are additional photos below that we took the next day (when it happened to be more muggy and my hair was even more frizzy... oi vey).

You may noticed that I didn't follow the pattern exact. I ended up making the cropped cardigan a little longer, I changed the body, did a little more shaping at the waist and bust and I changed the sleeves.

Actually I pondered the sleeve issue for a couple of days before finally bringing the sweater to work to ask my co-workers. You probably know that I'm not big on fashion (as I tend just wear jeans and BoSox or Patriots t-shirt & hat) and I had no idea how to style the sleeves. One of the girls at work is so adorable. She is one of those skinny, pretty girls that can wear sweatpants to work and still look cute. Thing is, she is the sweetest person in the world so you can't hate her - you have to love her! She is AMAZING at finding sales and finding hot outfits. She always has on the latest fashions and can put together an outfit like whoa.

But anyways, we'll call her Fashionista.

Fashionista suggested to knit down to the elbow area and then suggested the sleeve bottoms from the Stefanie Japel cropped cardi. As always, the Fashionista was right! Thank you FL! I heart you girl!
Fashionista also suggested a larger button. Initially I was gonna get a small, pink, plastic button, but Fashionista suggested something bigger and bolder. I really like that idea. I still haven't found exactly what am envisioning, but this will have to do for now. I found this pin at Hobby Lobby (I know, I know, big box store... but I have already completed my 3/50 for this month, have you?!). It works for now but I'm still on the lookout for something new.
And finally, of course, I had to pair up the bettie lace stockings and the cardi. Still not sure what to wear for a skirt (Yikes! Me in a skirt!). But I do love the outfit... now I just need a cool day to wear wool stockings and cardi!

Comments

lunaticraft said…
Super cute! Love it paired with the stockings. I may just have to make one of those for myself... =D
Lupie said…
The cardi is awesome and the pin is perfect!
VeganCraftastic said…
Looks great, super cute!