Knitspiration: Runway Knits

Trend Report on My Fashion Life: Fall 2009 will emphasize layers of knitwear.

Surprising to you? Warmer clothes and layers for the cooler Fall and Winter season? Hmmm.... Maybe I should quit research and library science school and get a job stating the obvious fashion trends.

But you heard it here first folks, turn to chunky knits and cardigans to keep comfy and cozy while still looking stylish this Fall. More layers of knitted scarves the better. :)

So yeah, just wanted to give you some Knitspiration. Even though it is 95degrees outside and humidity is at 98% today, be knitspired and knit a bulky cardigan for the Fall -- you'll be ahead of the rest.

Just as an FYI: Of course as I am sitting here picking on the article, and I have to admit that I am starting to kinda like the hood/scarf thing the first model is wearing.... hmmm... maybe I am still being knitspired!

Comments

Sigrun said…
Thinking about the warm woolies should make us fully appreciate the joys of summer, even with the weird weather that's been going around. Better than looking at the runway fashions, is my favorite non-knitting pasttime: looking at vintage knitting books. Especially post-WW2 and the early fifties. When I knit for our Theatre, I often see 1920's and 1930's Sears Catalogues which the designer uses for inspiration.
Yeah, I just finished the Flora hat by tentenknits, a wool hat in summer, but you know...it's around the corner. I figure anything I make now I'll be able to wear right away when it gets cold. As usual, I love that you dug up something to inspire us visiting your blog!