Bettie Lace Stockings - Oh MY!


Finished!

I finally finished the Oh my Lacy Stockings! It took me a whole month but I finished these babies and boy do I love them! The lace pattern is very simple but cute. And best thing of all: They actually fit my bulgy calf muscles. And the yarn is sooooo luxurious! I love these stockings (have I mentioned that yet?).

I did these a little different than my normal. I started the first stocking and halfway up the leg I actually CO the second stocking. I figured this way I could remember the increases and changes in needles. I ended up changing needle sizes a couple of times.

Pattern: Bettie Lace Stockings by Hana Jason, from Interweave Knits spring 2009
Yarn: Louet Gems, in Pink Panther
Needle: Started with the 2.00 mm and changed to 2.25, 2.50 and 2.75mm as needed.
Started: March 10, 2009
Finished: April 10, 2009 (bought the ribbon on 4/17 - but knitting took me a month)

So I do have to confess something. I have NO idea when, to where or with what I would wear these stockings. You see I don't wear cute outfits. I'm a sporty, jeans, t-shirt and kicks (aka: sneakers), kind of girl. I GUESS I could wear a skirt. But that would mean I would have to purchase one... I guess I need to go shopping! :)
Doesn't matter, I still love my new stockings!

Comments

Megan said…
These are so cute! I love the color. They loook great on you, definitely buy something to wear them with!
lunaticraft said…
Adorable! And all that work? Def. deserves a shopping trip for something to wear with them. =D
Lupie said…
The are beautiful and the ribbon is a great finishing touch.