Happy Holiday Images

**Edited to add pictures -- clearly I've been away from blogging too long and have forgotten how to add pictures!

Our first Christmas in Washington DC would not be complete without a trip to see the National Christmas Tree and National Hanukkah Menorah.  Here are some pictures from the visit.  

National Menorah

National Christmas Tree

Picture of the Ellipse with the Washington Monument in the background. 

White House. 

 I tried to take a picture of the Pageant of Peace... all the mini trees with the decorations decorated by artists and children from the various states but unfortunately my pictures came out too blurry.  But believe me when I say the Ellipse, the grassy area across from the White House, was beautiful.
Christmas tree at the Canadian Embassy in Downtown DC.


Christmas Tree in front of The Capitol Building.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.  

Last night I was reminiscing about my 2011 -- I finished a second masters degree, beat cancer for a third time, moved out of Indiana and back to the East Coast and live in a pretty cool city, landed an awesome fellowship, met and made lots of new peeps and strengthened the bond with some close friends and family.  And of course I was blessed to be able share all of these experiences with my hubby.  I had a great 2011 and I'm totally looking forward to the many adventures 2012 will bring 

Comments

lunaticraft said…
Oh no! My computer won't let me see all the pretty pictures! =( I'm sure they're beautiful though. I soooo wish I could visit DC and see all that stuff. Must be awesome.
Sigrun said…
I wish you both a great 2012.
lunaticraft said…
Huh... I can't see the pics from the most recent post, but now I can see these. Beautiful pics, and it seems like such a great trip! =)