Cabled Pillow Cover

Once upon a time there were these adorable bunnies that liked to wreck havoc wherever they roamed.  Those bunnies were known as Kyle and Gwen Bean.  
These two cuties like to jump on couches, run and hop around freely and cause mass destruction.  One of their favorite past-times: chewing on couches and pillows.  

Good thing they are cute little buggers -- huh?  But it is true, one of the poor couch pillows had such a gaping hole and I thought it was time to fix the problem.  Since tossing the furbabies out is not an option, I decided to knit a pillow cover instead.  One pillow done thus far - at least one more to go.  Here is the first attempt at the bunny-destruction-cover-up.  

Pattern: The cable is called Open Trellis and is from the Vogue 
Knitting Stitchionary 2: Cables book.  
As for the pillow... I just kinda winged it.  Followed the cable pattern as stated 
and added a five row garter stitch as a border.  The backside is knit with a 
stockinette stitch (although the garter stitch border is the same).  
Yarn: Loops & Threads - Impeccable Worsted in Soft Taupe
Needles: 7US (4.5mm)
Started: November 19, 2011
Finished: December 24, 2011
Ravelry Link here


As for the pillow... I just kinda winged it.  Followed the cable pattern as stated and added a five row garter stitch as a border.  The backside is knit with a  stockinette stitch (although the garter stitch border is the same).  



I'm not a huge fan of the yarn, but overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome.  The acrylic doesn't really have any give so knitting hurt my hands a bit.  But because these are toss pillows on the couch the toughness of the acrylic will probably stand the test of time better than some other yarns.  Or at least... maybe withstand a couple months of the destructive beasts Kyle and Gwen Bean....

Comments

lunaticraft said…
Oh no! I still can't see any pictures but the one of the bunnies! =( Although it is an awfully cute one to see. I wonder if it's a problem with my computer. All I'm seeing is black boxes with exclamation points. Hmmm... I'll have to fiddle with my browser and check back.
Unknown said…
Thanks for alerting me to the issue Lunaticraft. See what happens when I take an extended leave from blogging... I start having Blogger/Picasa issues. OR (and probably most likely) self-imposed user issues!
lara griffiths said…
i can see those cute little buggers :) and i adore your bunny-destruction-cover-up

Happy New Year!
lunaticraft said…
Loving the pillow cover now that I can see it! =)
hoofprints said…
oh i couldn't wait to grab my vogue #2 and check out Open Trellis. you did a wonderful job and your pillow is so fab...thanks for sharing..sure is a beautiful cable..
carolyne