Day Six: Blast from the Past




Day six of the week long Knit & Crochet Blog Week challenge, thought up and organized by Eskimimi Knits.  Join me all week as I attempt to complete each day's post goals! 
Revisit a past F/O
Bring the fortune and life of a past finished project up to the present. Document the current state and use of an object you have knitted or crocheted, whether it is the hat your sister wears to school almost every day, or a pair of socks you wore until they were full of hole. Or maybe that jumper that your did just didn’t like that much…
My past F/O that I want to blog about today is my Dream Swatch.  It was one of those things that I just quickly knit from leftover yarn from my
Anastasia Sock - Singular Now Plural.  I didn't know what to do with the yarn but I loooooved it!  (The yarn is Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering in Cherry Chocolate - LOVE!)  Randomly, I found the Dream Swatch pattern and just did it.  Well come to find out.  I love this head wrap!  I use it all the time.  Possibly up to 1-2 times a week.  I have found it ACTUALLY holds my hair back.  And... it is a girlie alternative to my typical BoSox or Patriots hat (yes I wear caps on a couple times a week basis... I work in a lab remember, they don't care how I look as long as I can do science!).  And I have found that if I am having a bad hair day, I can quickly use this and scrunch my hair with some hair gel and volia - instant "cool do."  





Just to attest to how frequently I wear this check here, and here, here,  (okay you really can't see it in those two, but it is on).  And those are times that I had pics taken of me!  I can assure you I wear this thing a lot.  So something that seemed like such a little project has actually paid off in a multiple of ways, used up leftover yarn, at the time - gave me something to do, and has actually been a cute accessory addition to my wardrobe!

Comments