A Couple of Gifts

Well you could probably gather that I was knitting a blanket or something of the sort from the previous cryptic posts.  Basically because I wasn't sure if my peep glances at my blog and it was a gift I had to keep it on the DL.  But here it is!  

Pattern: Moderne Baby Blanket by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Yarns: Baby Bee Sweet Delight Baby, in Teal too!, Angel, Teddy and some cream color
Needles: 4.0 mm (US 6)
Started: Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Finished: Saturday, May 15, 2010

This was an easy knit.  Although if you noticed one side is wonky because I knit the bind-off on the border a little too tight.  But it is for a baby whom is hopefully going to love it and use it to pieces!  


Pattern: You Seek Yoda Hat (Rav link) by Nancy Lutz
Yarn: Some Green color yarn
Needles: 3.5mm (US 4)
Started: Monday, April 19, 2010
Finished: Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The SO and his friend (the dude counterpart to said pregnant friend), are ENORMOUS Star Wars fans.  Remember back in December when I had to endure the night of symphony ruined with Star Wars?  (Actually I don't hate Star Wars, I just have to keep up a facade so the SO doesn't think I like what he likes).  Well I thought I'd amuse the both by knitting a cute little Yoda hat for baby.  I have to admit, I really think it is adorable.  Ears on hats on babies.  Adorable!      

Also I should let you know -- I am going on vacation!!  I am very excited as this is the first official vaca for the SO and me.  We are attending a wedding of dear friends' in Seattle, and then taking the next week to travel around Oregon!  We were originally debating between Vancouver or Oregon.  And, well, I have always had this odd fascination with Oregon (and Arizona... I'll make it there someday).  So we decided to do an Oregon road trip.  So I will probably not blog at all next week.  If I am good I will try to have a post scheduled for next Wednesday and maybe of my travel projects.  But I can't guarantee due to work schedule and getting ready for the trip.  But have no fear when I return get ready for LOTS pictures and posts of the trip!  

So excited... can you tell!?!?!   

Comments

Unknown said…
They are SO cute!! The baby is going to LOVE them! Ears on hats on babies are the greatest! :-)

Thank you, again!
choperena said…
That Yoda hat is so cute!!!!
Lupie said…
Ok so you know that cute little hat will be on the needles soon my grandbaby!
Have a great trip! Can't wait to see lots of pictures.
Yes, mom or I have to make that hat:) And have a blast on vacation!!!!!