Day Seven: What a Yarn!






Day 7 of the week long Knit & Crochet Blog Week challenge, thought up and organized by Eskimimi Knits.  Join me all week as I attempt to complete each day's post goals! 



What a Yarn
There’s one love that we all share: yarn. Blog about a particular yarn you have used in the past or own in your stash, or perhaps one that you covet from afar. If it is a yarn you have used you could show the project that you used it for, perhaps writing a mini ‘review’. Perhaps, instead, you pine for the feel of the almost mythical qiviut? You could explore and research the raw material and manufacturing process if you were feeling investigative. 


Many of you know I LOOOOOVE Lorna's Laces.  I love the colorways and I love to make socks from the sock yarn.

However I am going to tell you about a lace yarn that I bought in Dec/Jan while in NH.  This is Lace-a-licious, a J. Knits yarn.


This yarn is 100% Extra Superfine Alpaca.  It is advertised as light and airy... let me tell you it really is.  And the yardage is 1,200 yards!  I bought it at The Yarn Basket, a small but cute yarn shop in Portsmouth, NH when I visited this past Christmas.  I really wanted a yarn to remind me of the holiday with the family and peeps.  And when I saw this yarn I just fell in love.  It really is oh so soft and squishy.  So fine, I am so afraid that it is too delicate for me!  But best of all:  the colorway.  It is named, Boston.  And the color is a bluish, periwinkle.  Beautiful.  Someday I will knit a shawl/shawlette from this beauty.  




Well, thank you for joining me on my week-long quest!  Many thanks to Eskimimi for the awesome idea for Knit & Crochet Blog week.  It was a lot of fun for me... I hope you guys enjoyed it as well!  

Comments