Wandering Wednesday: Seattle Fun

Happy Wednesday!  

As mentioned I am going to give you little bits of my trip over the next couple of months.  I thought it would be good to start from the beginning. 

The SO and I took a flight from Indy to Houston, then Houston to Seattle.  The SO always see someone famous when he's at an airport (or just walking around the city - the guy has an uncanny way of sniffin' out the famous people).  I, of course, have no idea until he explicitly points them out to me.  So who did we see this time?  Bela Karolyi, the famous gymnastics coach!  Of course I had to kinnear him!  The best part, he was on our plane (first class section) so we walked by him on our way back to coach.  And when we did; he checked me out!!! Like almost creepy... really checked me out (or he knows I was the crazy chick trying to kinnear him in the airport).  I was going to say something like, Hello Mr. Karolyi, but no I pansy'ed out and instead just walked by.  

Here's the best pic I captured of him.  Kinda blurry but still kinda cool to be that close to the man - as long as he didn't make me try any gymnastic-like move.  

Next week I will have the next part of our trip - Seattle!

Edited to Add:  I had this entry scheduled for posting...  However I send this with a heavy heart.  My dear Grandma passed away on Tuesday 7/13, a little after noon.  She has been with progressive supranuclear palsy for a couple of years.  This is a rare and dreadful tauopathy disease displays symptoms that are similar to other neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson's and Picks Disease.  At the time of this posting the SO and I are on our 17hr drive back to NH to be with the family.  We have services later this week so I will be back to see you all later next week after I have some time with the family.  All please take care.  

Comments

lizzzknits said…
My deepest sympathies for your loss of your grandma. It is never easy. May her memory always be a blessing for you.
Lupie said…
My heart is with you and your family.
Kristin said…
So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that spending time with your family will help you recall all of the good memories of her.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Mine was my best friend. Loosing her changed my life forever. The pain never goes away, but the smiles when you think of her come back.