Classic Cabled Aran Sweater

Rosie is one spoiled pup! Soon I think she'll have a better wardrobe than me! Here is a new dog sweater, based on my Basic Dog Sweater pattern and spruced up with a classic cabled aran design:




Yarn: Cascade 220 superwash (100% wool)
Started: Feb 21, 2014
Finished: July 13, 2014

Clearly she's not too happy modeling the sweater. Could be that it was 90+ degrees (F) when I took the photos. Come December and January she will love the sweater!

I love the fact that it actually fits her! The basic dog sweater "pattern" is really excellent and now I'm realizing all the potential designs I could make from this basic design.


So it might not be in an classic aran weight wool (as it's in plain and simple Cascade 220 superwash wool) and it might not have any sort of significant meaning to the pattern... but it's a classic Ireland Aran Island sweater in this half-asian's eyes! :)

The top has a typical cris-cross diamond motif with alternating moss/seed stitch and reverse stockinette stitch interiors. This is bordered by a simple cable (with twists to the outside on both sides).

And the under panel has a what I call a lobster (lobstah) claw or a faux-cable.



A fun knit really. I will be teaching a class on how to create this cute sweater later in the fall. More details soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this! =)