Tiny Tardis


Image from: http://cdn-media.hollywood.com/images/l/doctor_who_tennant_tardis.jpg 
A number of years ago the hubs and I became Whovians and haven't looked back.  In fact since then our geekiness has grown to include other cult-classics but Dr. Who is still one of our favs.  

And now, I've introduced our dog to our obsession: 


Pattern: Modified from the Tardis Socks from Keladry B.
Started: February 23, 2013 and Finished: March 10, 2013
Yarns: Cascade Sierra (Blue), Knit Picks Stroll (Black), Knit Picks Palette (Mist)
Needles: US 8, 5.0mm

I know what you are thinking... ANOTHER dog sweater?!?!  I had to though.  I have wanted to knit something in the likeness of the Tardis for a while and actually cast on for a pair of socks but realized I had a blue that was too dark.  Then I figured I have been on a dog sweater kick so why not make one for Rosie?   

 




I used the Tardis sock pattern from Keladry (link above) and modified the door panels.  I sort of knit the dog sweater free-form so it would fit Rosie.  When I'm not so lazy I'll pdf the notes I took while knitting and post them on here... again... when I'm not too lazy.  :)

I ended up holding the black yarn double and the white yarn triple.  Mostly because I was knitting from my stash and didn't want to purchase yarn for such a small amount.  I'm still debating if I want to add sleeves to the arm holes.

If I were to knit this pattern again I think I might make some slight mods (to my own pattern) to make the door panels stand out more and to the collar/top of the Tardis area.



I do apologize for the slightly blurry pictures but it's so difficult to take a good picture of Rosie because she's always moving!  Overall a cute and very fun project.  I think I might order the correct blue to make a pair of Tardis socks for myself!  

Comments