Little Knitted Bunny


Pattern: Knitted Bunny, by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer
Started: Sunday, March 24, 2013
Finished: Sunday, March 24, 2013
Needles: 3.75mm/US 5.0

A friend alerted me to this cute bunny pattern and I thought this would be a quick, fun knit.  And it was a very quick, but totally fun knit; seriously I could have calculated the start/finish time in hours.  Oh and as a bonus, this project used some scrap/stash yarn.

Isn't he so cute!  The construction was spiffy -- just knit a square and then you sew up the seams to make the bunny form.  The ears are knit up and then sewn on.  Seriously a really quick knit.  But oh so cute!


I went a little crazy snapping pictures of this little guy.  The sun was shining so bright through the windows and yeah it bleached out the pics but I was so happy with the finished product I really didn't care.  This little critter went out as an Easter present so I had to wait until after the gift was received. I didn't want someone to see the knitted bunny on the blog or on Facebook!

This project also has me thinking about trying my hand at crochet... maybe some cute little amigurumi.  I have so much yarn that I really need to use up.  And some of my yarns (such as this Sweet Bee stuff) will NEVER be used on an actual garment.  So if you start seeing little knitted or crocheted critters popping up on the blog blame this little knitted bun....


Comments