2014 Reflections



As I've mentioned before, I'm not one to make resolutions for the new year but I always like to take time to think about what has happened in the past year, reflect on lessons learned, the good and tough moments and think about how to make the next year even better in all areas of life.

But of course for the purposes of this blog I always have to list out my fiber-related accomplishments:
Screen shot of finished projects in 2014 (from Ravelry)
New DrChopSuey Knit logo!
Of course knitting is not all I do (believe it or not). A couple additional fun accomplishments to note: 
  • #1 item - still cancer free! Let's keep this one going! 
  • Read 34 books (12 more than last year!)
  • Walked/ran 4,161,997 steps and  9,612 flights of stairs (that's 186,002 more steps and 2,446 more stairs in 2014!)
  • Traveled to Europe for the first time (I had only traveled to Asia previously), not just once but twice
  • Completed a year (pretty successfully) at work (they haven't sent me packing yet, ha!). 
  • Met a lot of amazing people from all walks of life
Screenshot of book covers from 2014 books read (from GoodReads)

Clearly 2014 was a great year for my fiber life as my knitting teaching career really took off. I never thought I'd be teaching but I have to say in absolutely loving it. I am learning to become a better knitter and communicator by teaching others.  It's an added bonus that I've made a little money and amazing friends along the way.

So what does 2015 have in store?  Obviously we have no idea yet.  What I do know is that my career (that actual work thing I do with clinical terminologies, not my fiber hobby) is also starting to take off so I'll be busy with that part of my life.  And the hubs is getting involved me with his profession too. So this family may have a very busy professional year in 2015. But whatever happens - it should be fun.  Looking forward to spending time with you and sharing my adventures for another year!



Comments