Doggie Safety Coat

NOTE: I should be back from my trip by now but I'm not sure about jet lag. So this is another post from October that I've prepped for delivery!

--------------------------------------------------------------
My husband and I love hiking, especially with our crazy little pups! Many people think it's a joke that we take out little yorkie out hiking trails but let me tell you - this little porky yorkie can HIKE! In fact, we have to carry the larger bischon, Boe, more frequently than we have to carry Rosie.

One thing that I've found is that Rosie blends in with the trail, especially during autumn. 
Okay Rosie is wearing a jacket here but you can get the idea that she blends in really well with the trail. 

Her natural cameo can be an issue when we let her off leash (just us trying to keep and eye on her) and when other people or dogs don't see the little peanut. To make her seen by all I decided to knit a bright colored coat. I took my basic dog coat recipe that I've blogged about previously (here and here and here) and used some neon yarn and made her a safety coat! 


Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Brites in Neon Yellow
Started: September 14, 2014
Finished: September 15, 2014

Sure I used acrylic yarn - but hey it's cheap and I don't care if it gets filthy and destroyed while out hiking. It does the job! And you can see that Boe Bear doesn't blend as well with the soundings. We'll see come winter in the snow :) 


And finally - a couple of photos from our last outing:

Here we are on a quick photo op next to a cool looking tree roots:
Rosie stands out a bit :)
Family Selfie!
And finally - a reminder of why my husband is awesome. I fell in love all over again when the hubs looked this tree and said "Go ahead take a picture - I know you are looking at it and thinking about knitting a 'twisting' pattern." Clearly I have him trained! He's not using the proper term (cabled dude, not twisting!). But seriously, that is why I love this man, he totally knows me because it's true, when I saw this tree and instantly wanted to cast-on a cabled sweater! 

Comments