A Year Later

It has been a quick but fun year. The hubby and I are still in the DC metro region because my fellowship was extended for a second year.  I'm still loving my new career and field of study.  And the hubby has started graduate courses at the nearby University. All is well - actually better than well!

But I have to admit - I have not done any crafting in the past year.  I devoted much of my free time to exploring the area; which has been awesome and we are really falling for the area. 

I think another reason I stopped knitting is because in May 2012 we lost little Kyle.  It was tough, he went in to the vet for a routine teeth shoring and never woke up.  The hubby and I took it hard and still miss him dearly.  We were able to take a quick drive back to Indiana to bury his little body at the Hubby's family farm.  And we hope to plant some ornamental kale, Kyle Mulligan's favorite food, around his plot.
Little Gwen Bean is doing okay but we can tell she needs a little friend.  We try to devote time to playing with her and probably spoil her with treats and three story play condos. 

Kyle Mulligan
One of my favorite pictures of the two buns.
I know GB misses Kyle....  
And then in October of last year we adopted a rescue yorkie from the Washington Animal Rescue League.  Her name is Rosalind Franklin, although we call her Rosie for short.  It has been a joy incorporating her into our lives (granted Gwen Bean and Rosie are still unsure about one another).  We've already started lessons and joined a local small dog meet-up club.  But I'll give you more details about her later.  

Introducing Rosalind Franklin! 
Mostly I am attempting to jump back into the blogging habit -- I've had peeps and family mention they miss seeing updates on my blog.  And plus, I miss it!   

Comments

Lupie said…
Glad to see your back. How has your health been?
I hope to start up my blog soon.
Sorry to hear about your little guy. My older daughter lost her bunny a few months ago and my youngest daughter lost her dog. It has been hard.