Wandering Wednesday: More Seattle Fun!

A day late: but we are back for another installment of Wandering around the Pacific Northwest!  


What is a visit to Seattle without a stop at the world-famous Pike Place Market?!  

The SO and I joined two peeps (my Peanut and knitting-extraordinare Kristin) and did some site-seeing prior to the wedding.  We started our 1/2 day of Seattle at Pike Place and loved it!  I'm not a flower gal, however the flowers were BEAUTIFUL!  And cheap!  This photo does not do the flowers justice, but trust  me the bouquets were beautiful and cheap.  Some of the big beautiful bouquets were only $10-$15!  
A stroll around Pikes Place can only be better if you are munching on something delicious.  And trust me, there is not a limited supply of yummy food.  We stopped at Piroshky Pieroshky, a delicious Russian bakery. Of course we had piroshkies.  

They had amazing looking veggies.  Including fiddleheads - something I have been describing to the SO for years.  Apparently we can't get them here in Indiana.  But these baby ferns were in abundance (back in May) at the market.  Check out the morel mushrooms in the pic below!  And just all the beautiful fruits and veggies! 



And of course what is a trip out to Seattle's Pike's Place without a stop at the fish market.  We saw the dudes throw and catch the fish.  It was pretty cool.  










I tried to get a pic of the fish flying, however I'm not that skillzzed.  

And what about the first Starbucks?!  Yeppers.  I got a wonderful mocha cafe,with soy, no whip.  It was yummy! 




And of course I had to pet Rachel the Pig.  She is the unofficial mascot of the market and apparently if you drop some change in her and rub her nose you'll have good luck.  I dropped a number of coins in and rubbed, rubbed, rubbed!  :)

Comments

lunaticraft said…
Jealous jealous jealous!! Seattle is on my bucket list, as is the first Starbucks! Looks like it was a ton of fun!
Lupie said…
The market looked like great fun!
Seattle is such a cool place.
Looks like so much fun!!!! I wanna go!