Knitspiration: Superheros!



Yep that is Spiderman, sitting in a rocking chair - Knitting! There's some knitspiration for ya!

Okay so it's not Spiderman. It's actually Mark Newport, a fiber artist who hand-knits costumes. Today while reading the Smithsonian I came across an article featuring Mark Newport. The extended web-version of the interview is located here. If you live near the Smithsonians I encourage you to check out his work, which is currently on display until January 3rd at the Renwick Craft Inventational.

I encourage you to take a quick peak at the interview. It's interesting, and it describes how he started knitting, why he knits superhero costumes and why he presents his work the way in which he does (simply hanging, limp and "lifeless"). Overall I found his artwork pretty cool! Knitspiring if you ask me!



Comments

Sara said…
I love it! What an inspiration! If I lived near it, I'd totally go see the display.
lara griffiths said…
thank you for sharing... i am now thinking about wonder woman! :)
Lupie said…
I think he is a superknitter hero!
Megan said…
This was awesome- thanks for sharing it! I love comics/graphic novels.