Heavenly and Uber Warm Leg Warmers!

So no, I didn't finish these in 2 or 3 days as I had originally expected. But I finished in 4ish days. I think I'll give myself a break. And without further ado, I give you my current FO:














Pattern:
#09 Leg Warmers by the Verena Design Team, from Verena - Winter 2008/2009
Yarn: Novita 7 Veljestä (Purchased at The Ding-a-ling in Lafayette, IN - please remind me to review this cute art shop sometime!)
Needles: 4.5 and 5.5 mm
Started: Friday, January 16th
Finished: Tuesday, January 20th

Almost no modifications because it was a wicked easy and very cute pattern. I actually bought the yarn before going home for the holiday and I planned on making cabled legwarmers with my own design. Those got put on the back burner for Mum's Cursed Scarf and I didn't think twice about it until I saw the pattern in the magazine (you know that $500-Hit-and-Run-no-"No-Fault-Policy" magazine I bought last week). With how cold it has been and really just wanting a quick pattern that I wouldn't have to think about, I just cast on and went at it!

Speaking of the yarn. Novita 7 Veljestä, is a 75% wool and 25% polyamide (nylon) plied yarn and dudes, it is stretchy! In this case, stretchy is a good thing because lately I have been wearing 3 layers of clothes and the leg warmers will stretch over my tall socks, long johns and pants. I made them longer so I can pull them up to my thighs and keep uber warm (hence the name). Oh! And I finally got smart (S-M-R-T) and I carried the yarn up the side so I had minimal weaving in!

Late yesterday I was catching up on blogs and I had a laugh seeing the Yarn Harlot's post for Friday, January 15th. Yes, I actually did it. I was delusional enough to sit there and make woolen legwarmers - uber long leg warmers to keep me warm and toasty. :)

Actually, to be honest, I have been cold. Freezing even. Yes, I know -- I am ALWAYS cold. But for once I have an actual excuse and you can't blame the low iron or protein. Right now I am off the thyroid medication for a month. Basically the endo wants me to go for a month without thyroid meds and in theory, since there is no organ that is shaped like a butterfly in my neck region to produce T3-T4 or thyroglobulin, we shouldn't see any thyroid hormones when tested. However, if after a month we test and see some/any of these hormones we know that I either have trace tissue left (highly unlikely) or have miraculous grown another thyroid somewhere (a whole thyroid, unlikely, but tissue mass somewhere, probably more likely and not so good). So yes, kinda shitty. And yes, even more shitty because I'm off thyroid meds during the coldest time of the year! Okay so cancer back is shitty, but dudes(!) I'm cold! And for Indiana to go down to -20's last week -- geez! Well all things positive right now, and at least now I can wear my Heavenly and Uber Warm Leg Warmers to keep me a little warmer!

Comments

Lupie said…
The leg warmers are awesome and can't wait to see yours!
I hope things go well off meds. Keep us up dated.