Jaywalkers are done!

I finally finished mum's Jaywalkers! The Ravelry link is here.

Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock yarn in Purple Club
Needle: 2.25mm dpns
Started: December 8, 2008
Finished: December 21, 2008



I ended up doing these baby's toe-up instead of the pattern directions of cuff down. Just a personal preference; I like knitting toe-up instead of cuff down. I added black elastic reinforcement at the toe and heel, just to allow for stronger toe & heel as well as some extra stretch. The pattern doesn't really allow for much stretch, so this helps especially in the toe area.


I still have issue with the heel on toe-up socks. I can knit it just fine, but occasionally I see little areas with gaps. I might do some more reading up on sock construction. I might try designing some of my own socks next, so be on the look out! In that design I'll have new and improved Suzy heels!


Have I mentioned how much I love this yarn? :) We already know how much I love Lorna's Laces! But the colorway (Purple Club) is just awesome! I did have pooling of the colors after turning the heel - you can notice in some of the pictures. But honestly, I really don't think mum will notice.

Overall, the pattern is cute. I like the spiffy way of constructing the zigzag with simple decreases and increases. I never would have thought of it! But that's why Grumperina is amazing!

I have a couple of ideas for what I want to work on next. I have that damn sweater hanging over me. However, next week I'll be doing lots of traveling. 14+ hours in the car with the SO and the diva bunny. I'll need a couple of small mindless projects fit for car travel... hmm.... I wonder what I can dig up in the stash....

Comments